Reviewed and revised – July 2018
Dear User, we thank you for choosing to use Salient Eye’s services. SalientEye (“us”, “we”, or “our”) developed Salient-Eye application and operates its supporting services and web sites (the “Service”). Before we delve into the details of our policy, we provide you with a short summary for your review. You may review the fully detailed policy by scrolling further down.
Salient Eye is committed to maintain your privacy and hold it at the highest respect. This means that the safeguarding of the information you provide while using our platform and services is paramount to us.
When we collect your information, and act as a data controller (an entity which collects your information and determines the purpose of its collection and how it will be used), you can rest assure that any use we make with your information is reasonable, fair and legal. We are dedicated to ensure that your information if protected, and your privacy is maintained.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information we collect may include –
- Email address;
- Information related to a reported event that triggers our service (such as pictures taken, recordings, time of event etc.);
- Pictures or recording made through our service on user’s own initiative;
- Salient Eye’s Mobile application settings and personal preferences;
- App sessions, log-ins, and run time;
- Information and details relating to your device, hardware and software components, operating system, model and brand;
- Apple IP or Google ID or similar account details;
- On line availability and connectivity;
- Information contained in any inquiry you submit to us regarding goods and/or services we or one of our business partners or affiliates may offer, and information relating to transactions, including purchases of goods and services from or through our mobile application or website;
- Information on processes and data running on our servers to help us detect and analyze errors and bugs. This may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, software versions, the actions you made on our services, the time and date of your actions.
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us;
Unless we prompt you to do so, you should not provide us with any personal information of another person other than yourself.
OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Salient Eye collects and use your information to be able to provide its Services (which otherwise cannot be provided), and to ensure that our services operate and function properly as intended.
For instance, your email address will be used to verify your identity when you log in to use ours Services.
In addition, to provide better service and support, it is important to us to better understand your needs and preferences. The data we collect and your information that you provide helps us understand your needs and preferences and assist us in providing you better and more relevant services and is processed for that purposes.
The legal basis for this processing is either your consent to share such information with us and/or taking steps, at your request, to engage in one of our service offers or interactive engagement initiatives, or our requirement to perform under a contract between you and us, or our legitimate interests, namely our interest in the proper administration of our business (including our platform and services). To make it clearer, we only collect and use such information if you agree to it, share it, enter a legal engagement with us which the performance of such engagement requires us to collect and use such information, or if we have a legitimate and fair business interest to do so.
When we keep and use your information, it is also for (A) Personalizing our services; (B) Analyzing it to improve and perfect our services; (C) Back-ups and internal record keeping; and (D) Engaging with you and communicating with you for feedbacks, periodical promotional messages, notifications, emails and newsletters about new offers, products/services, or provide you such other information we believe you may find interesting; You can always opt-out from any such communication if you are no longer interested in receiving it.
Salient Eye complies with applicable privacy laws. Therefore, when the law obliges us, and only to the extent required, we may also process any of your personal information where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation weather to protect your vital interests and privacy, or the vital interests and privacy of another user.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
Salient Eye is committed to protecting your privacy and the integrity of your information. We do that by ensuring that your information is secure and protected from any harm or misuse. We have internal practices and we take precautions to prevent unauthorized access, use or disclosure of your information. We have established work procedures and firm guidelines for all physical and digital work spheres to maintain the safety of your information, and keep it secured and protected.
For best security keep your applications updated to the latest version!
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
For best security keep upgrade your applications to the latest version!
Salient Eye may use advertising services to make ads available to you when you use our web services or visit our website. To do that, we use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site and our web service. These companies may use aggregated, unidentifiable information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. You are consenting to such use of your information by using our service, and by doing so, you are also acknowledging that it is a legitimate business interest of ours, enabling us to continue our operation and provide you with beneficial services.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
We may share and disclose your information to other members of our group of companies, which shall maintain the same level of privacy protection as detailed in this policy.
Some of our services and offerings are provided by suppliers and third parties service providers, either directly or indirectly. We may share your information and disclose it to such suppliers or subcontractors, only to the extent necessary for making such services available to you (including with respect to financial transactions and payment services, and any processing, complaints, refunds, management and operating of such services).
STORING YOUR INFORMATION
In addition, each such entity will be required by us to apply its local country data protection law in addition to the appropriate privacy protection laws applied by the European Economic Area (GDPR).
RETAINING YOUR INFORMATION
We are obliged to comply with certain legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of your personal data.
We will not keep your personal information longer than necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was collected.
Since it is not possible for us to determine beforehand the exact time period for which your personal information is required to accomplish the purpose for which it was collected, we will determine the period of retention of such information based on our internal criteria, as may be determined from time to time on a case by case basis, but our decision will be effected by, among others, the specific or general use we are making with each part of the information, whether or not it was collected for a specific offering, aggregated analysis, ongoing engagement with users, services provided by a third party with which we are no longer engaged, annual reports, and any potential future use of such information.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CONTROL REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
- You can always access your personal information that we store and keep in our archives (subject to the terms and requirements below).
- You have a right to delete your information, or the right to be deleted from our system and files.
- You have the right to rectification.
- You have the right to restrict our use of your information.
While some of your rights are easy to understand, you should familiarize yourself with the relevant laws for a better understanding of these rights.
We will summarize in general terms the meaning of these rights so you can feel more comfortable using our services:
Should you wish, upon request from us, you will receive a confirmation as to whether or not we collected, accessed or process your personal information.
You have the right to the information regarding the purposes for which we are collecting your information, how we are processing it, how we categorized or classify your personal information, and the right to receive the details of the entities to which we transferred your information.
You always have a choice not to disclose or provide certain information that we ask you to provide, or to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. However, you should note that by doing so, your ability to enjoy all the functions and benefits of our services may be harmed or diminished.
Should you wish to exercise any of your following rights to restrict and control the use of your information, please contact us with a written notice to our data protection officer in (accordance with his contact details below):
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form while using our services, we may add a box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes, and if such box does not exist, you may choose not to fill in such form and opt-out from using this function;
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us to our data protection officer;
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a small processing fee;
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually use email verification); and
- our assurance that the rights and freedoms of others are not affected by your request
- the traceability of the requested information, or our technical ability to locate, identify and make such information available to you (as certain of your personal information is untraceable by design, to maintain your privacy).
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
- You have the right to have any inaccurate personal information about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal information about you completed and reflect a truer representation of your profile in our files.
- When your personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed, or in case you withdraw your consent to our processing, also in case you object to the processing under certain rules of applicable data protection laws, in case our processing of your information is for direct marketing purposes without your consent, and where your personal information have been unlawfully processed, you may require us to erase your personal information from our files, immediately and without delay, or to restrict our use (except in cases where the processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information or for compliance with a legal obligation, and where it is required for our legal defence against a claim).
- To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is:
- consent; or
- that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, and such processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. However, this right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
- To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
© 2018 Salient Eye Ltd. All rights reserved.